Saturday 14 April 2012

Preparing for battle

Today was an encouraging day.  I ran to Hampstead Heath, did three laps and ran home - totalling 31.4 miles, it was literally about 100m shorter than my ultra in February, but crucially there was no hip-flexor malfunction this time.  I drank but didn't eat and felt okay at the end - knackered once I sat down of course but I okay while moving.  Again, it was a big help having company, so thanks to James for coming along (for most of it!).


So drop the speed, walk bits, keep the course flat, add some rests and I should be able to trot on a lot further.  After today, I almost think I may, possibly, kinda have a shot at this GUCR gig!

...provided I can fix this groinal chaffing issue...

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it was 100m shorter than the Ultra. I told you you should have done another lap!

    ReplyDelete