Thursday 2 March 2017

Good Day, Bad Day

Tuesday turned out to be an enforced rest day after James felt ill on the walk in. At least we retrieved the bags.

On Wednesday we nipped back into yet another canyon to have a shortish day on a narrow route that looked fun - it turned out to be a charming 90m (not the 30m I expected) WI4+.  The was a sneaky steep bit at the end so we dubbed the route 'The Charming Sting'.

Not much to look at
Sometime, I like to wear boots. Orange boots.
Unfortunately the trip has ended with a whimper.  We walked in today, our last day, to either repeat Cathedral or do a smaller route next to it.  We opted for the smaller one - with a steep section, but not a particularly long steep section.  As soon as I set off, I felt it in my calves and then on the steep bit I just wasn't at the races.  So came down.  What a disappointing end to the holiday.  We do have some beer now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment