Wednesday 18 May 2016

Return to the cliffs

Yesterday I got back from a four day trip to the Lakes with James, though it felt more like a month.  It was a brilliant re-introduction to rock climbing, though I am not sure how I will be able to build on that. Regardless, it was fun and very varied.  On Saturday we did the (actually not that) long trek in to Great Gable and climbed Tophet Wall – a route I probably climbed eight or so years ago, then we moved round to Napes Needle and simul-climbed the classic VDiff Needle Ridge and then soloed a Mod above it called Pinncale Ridge, leading virtually to the summit.  This was the first real big test of how my new diet can fuel significant exercise and it passed with flying colours, but I won’t say any more as a big blog is coming.  

The next three days we spent on single pitch routes – leading, soloing and even top roping and it became increasingly less alien.  I only led VS 4b which is a far cry from where I was, but better than where I was a week ago.  The weather was fantastic throughout and we were very lucky, although it was chilly out of the sun.  And James only nearly got the car stuck once.

To top it off, Willow was actually pleased to see me for once when I got home.











No comments:

Post a Comment